AIM: To connect your Raspberry-pi to your Laptop
- Raspberry Pi.
- Ethernet Cable.
- SD Card with Raspbian.
- Micro USB Cable.
STEP-1: INSTALLING RASPBIAN OS ON YOUR RPI:
- Firstly, we need to download Raspbian OS disk image on to your computer.
- Then Use Win-Disk Imager to load your Disk Image onto your SD Card.
- After which your Raspberry-Pi with Raspbian OS in ready for use.
STEP-2: SHARING INTERNET OVER ETHERNET:
- In this Step first connect your Laptop to your Raspberry-Pi using Ethernet cable.
- Then click on Network and Sharing Center on your Control Panel and click on WIFI Network.
- Click on Properties and Then go to Sharing and click on “Allow other network users to connect”
- Note: Make sure your connection is changed to Local Area Connection.
- Doing this will provide a dynamic IP to the Ethernet port on your laptop .
- Now check whether your IP address is assigned go to your newly created by clicking on newly created LAN Link created.
- Firstly find out your Laptop’s IP Address by going to command Prompt and then typing ipconfig. You will see your Laptop’s IP address kindly note it down.
- To check if IP is assigned to connected Ethernet Device? Ping the broadcast address of your IP.
- Then click on your Ethernet connection’s Link.
- Go its Properties and click on sharing ?select Internet Protocol Version-4
- Then select the option “use the following IP address” and give the IP address as your Laptop’s IP and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0
- Then install VNC Viewer on your Laptop , go to command prompt type arp-a and then check for address assigned as Dynamic on that window.
- Type that same IP on your VNC Viewer and use can see your Raspberry-pi’s screen your Laptop as shown below:
Conclusion: Hence, we were able to use Raspberry-Pi and use it using your Laptop.