- PC or Mac
- No additional hardware required for IOT projects
- Arduino protyping board
- Robotic car material, LED, IR Sensor, push button, resistance
- Enthusiasm to learn & create technology
Imagine a world of connected "things" (devices, vehicles, buildings) able to talk to a network, internet, to themselves and be able to take actions ?
Welcome to the IOT(Internet of Things) space, a new revolution, which will have 212 Billion Installed things, 30 Billion autonomously connected things, 3 Million Peta Bytes off Embedded Systems Data by 2020, spanning across all verticals estimated at a value of $8.9 trillion.
Those are some good reasons to look in this direction, Personally it is a truly unique space, as you get to work on both the hardware and the software side of things, be able to connect to the internet and create spectacular devices and solutions.
This course is designed to enable "YOU" to create amazing IOT products and solutions from scratch all the way to the market.Learn it by creating 3 IOT devices from scratch for Home Automation, Building Security and Assisted Living use cases!
The focus in this course it to enable and equip the audience to immediately start building IOT products. We touch all the necessary software, hardware, platform, protocols, everything in between to the point it is required. Additional study material is provided for a deep dive.
Soon there will be more apples coming out of the garage! imagination will be the only limitation.
Key Course Subject Highlight's :
1) 70 + Professionally authored lectures with supporting content
2) Understand what is an IOT thing, IOT Ecosystem, big picture, Use cases, layers and communication protocols
3) Learn how to work Arduino UNO, Arduino Nano,Sensors, Displays, Keypads, Relays, Power converters the whole nine yards.
4) Learn how to connect your IOT devices to the internet over Ethernet or Wifi. Learn how to work with Ethernet Shield, Wifi chip ESP8266 and Development kit like NodeMCU.
5) Understanding software ecosystem, working with Arduino IDE.
6) Learn how to write code (sketch) for your devices, from basics.
7) Understand the different options to Connect your device to a IOT Cloud platfrom, DB's.
8) Learn how to persist data to the cloud platform using an API and HTTP methods.
9) Learn how to program triggers in the IOT platform like making a call, send an email, sending a text and more.
10) Learn how to use a Mobile APP service to create Android APP's in no time and be able to control your IOT device with it over the internet.
11) Learn PCB designing using Fritzing, Casing, Soldering and more.
12) Learn about Manufacturing, Certification, Angels, VC and more.
IOT devices You will Create in the Course :
Product 1 - Smart lights and devices -- Home Automation
Product 2 - Motion detector with email notification - Building Safety
Product 3 - Panic Alarm for the Elderly - - Healthcare Industry
Teaching Methodology Highlights:
1) Professionally authored and edited lectures for serious and easy learning
2) Easy presentation style, with NO power points !!
3) Generous use of technology enabled teaching products to enhance learning outcome
4) Carefully planned and sequenced small lectures most of them under 7 min many under 5 min.
5) Guaranteed learning in every minute!
6) Generous descriptions for each lecture and Section
7) All necessary codes, libraries, supporting documentation are uploaded
Curriculum For This Course
- The Big Idea - what is IOT and IOT Things ?
- What are we going to do - Course Structure
- List of all the components required
- Building Blocks
- Characteristics and Levels of IOT devices - I am interesting!
- IOT/communication Protocols - Hola!
- Demystifying how the Internet works
- Hardware Stuff ( Arduino UNO, Nano, Nodecmu and Ethernet Shield)
- Hardware - Shields (Wifi ESP8266, RF )
Software Stuff (Arduino IDE) lets Power and Play
Hardware + Software = Magicware . Light an LED
- Working with sensors Photo Resistor (Measure Light)
- Working with Sensors - Measure Temperature Its Hot !
- Sensor - Motion Detector (who is there ?)
- working with relays
- Working with a Sound Sensor
- Libraries (working with and installing them )
- Working with Ethernet Boards
- Working with Wifi Boards
- Working with Segment Displays: Please enter you pin!
- What is the arduino language ??? - Theory
- Syntax and structures (the bare minimum)
- Memory (how does a computer store data ?? )
- Variables and Keywords
- Control Structures
- Arithmetic,comparison and Boolean operators
- Basic Functions
- Cloud Platform (DB) for IOT - Basics
- Options - Carriots/Spark/Thinkspeak/SAP HANA
- Temboo - Make a phone call and get pass code from the user
- Temboo - Send an email from your device directly
About the Instructor
- 4 Average rating
- 50,430 Reviews
- 216,735 Students
- 29 Courses
Hello there! I am Junaid Ahmed. I have a bachelors in electrical and electronics engineering and a masters in software engineering . I would like to call my self a technologist, I am excited to learn, Implement and teach new technologies.
I come from a background of enterprise software, and I am currently also focusing on Internet of things(IOT+AR), Leading an IOT product development. I have worked for over 10+ years on building enterprise applications, reporting and security products. I have consulted with large organizations in Government, Telecom, Power, FMCG sectors and start-ups.I manage projects using agile methods and tools. I hold certifications in SAP HANA and scrum master . As far as training goes I have been involved in it for the last 7 years in different products and practices including SAP, IOT and AR. I have over 8000+ students enrolled in my courses on Udemy. My clients include Consulting Companies, Implementation partners and Consultants.